Thursday, January 15, 2009

"ARTIC INVASION!!!"


I had no idea how cold "cold" really is! School has been delayed 2 hours for the past 2 days due to the cold. If you go to the weather.com and click on Bloomington this is what you will get!

... WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST FRIDAY...

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST FRIDAY WITH WIND CHILLS TO 15 BELOW ZERO AT TIMES.

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS... MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.

We ventured out to our porch and blew bubbles! It was the coolest thing ever, THEY FREEZE! I am thankful that I now have feeling in my bubble wand holding fingers! If you are outside for more than 2 minutes, your bugars will freeze!

I thew a wet towl on the floor by my washer which is located by a window and it is above the garage. The towl was frozen to my kitchen floor!! The rest of my house is 70. This is crazy cold! It stings your nose and bites your toes!


3 comments:

Jacci Halliday said...

BRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Luke and Marin said...

When I go outside, my eyeballs get cold!!!!!

Laura said...

Gotta love that burger-freezing weather! I'll have to try the bubbles - that sounds cool!