Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Bachelorette

My darling friend Rim Jhim from India had us and another cute couple from Mexico over for some YUMMY Indian food. We had a great time. They wanted to know what American food we eat all the time. All I could think of was cold cereal, pb& j, and turkey dinner.
A big group of us went to see the Broadway production of Mamma Mia. We had so much fun. I can't stop singing all of the songs! (thanks for the picture Beth)

Matt, the lucky dog, is spending 2 weeks in Japan. He is doing a study abroad program with the MBA school. It is now day 4 of him being gone and we still haven't heard from him. I confirmed he is still alive with this picture I found on my friends facebook page. Good to know I am not a widow! So far so good. I haven't gone crazy yet (don't worry, there is still time). We have decided to party like it is 1999 while he is gone.

I think I am getting used to this pregnancy thing again. I gag from the depths of my belly everytime I brush my teeth or have any gunk in my throat, but have only puked once. My sweet daughter said, Mom, what color was it? That is the only sympathy I am getting from my dear family. I have this disgusting metalic taste in my mouth that changes the flavor of everything.

Rubes was mad at Coop for something the other day and she said, "He should be PUNISHED for his own sins!!!" She totally cracks me up!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the invite this weekend. Unfortunately I am leaving tomorrow morning for California and Seattle for the week, so i won't be able to go. Hope you guys have fun/ You never know when you'll need to get maple syrup from a tree. And hope the metallic thing goes away. That sounds awful.

In Good Company said...

You're pregnant! I missed that post... okay, now I am more informed... CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you survive! There is never a dull moment in your family is there:)

Liz said...

I've been away from the blogging world for a bit....CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby!!! And I'm sorry you've been feeling yucky! It will all be worth it! Good luck while Matt's away! :) Miss you!

Kara said...

Love the Indian food. Lucky girl. I think I need some. I get it tomorrow with my hubby. Our favorite.

Dave and Catherine said...

Oh yeah, I hate the gross taste that seems to always be there! I've become a compulsive gum-chewer as a result.

Luke and Marin said...

I'm so happy he's alive!! :)