Sunday, April 12, 2009

Springtime in the Rockies!!!!

My 3rd nephew got married last week in Salt Lake and we were able to go! We started our journey by getting up at 4:30 am EST. The Indianapolis airport is brand new and REALLY cool. My kids did great on the plane, they loved looking out of the window. It was shocking to go from 70 in Bloomington to 28 in Salt Lake!

I was totally in shock when I saw how GINORMOUS the mountains are! My cute dad picked us up at the airport and took us to Shivers! Lets just say, I wish I had an IV of FRYSAUCE! We had the wedding dinner at the Lion House. It was so good to be with family. It felt like we never left! My kids got to hang out with Grandma Retta and were in HEAVEN!
The wedding was in the Salt Lake temple. It felt so good to be there. I sat there and cried for the first part of the ceremony. One of the things I love about the temple is the mirrors in the rooms where marriages are performed. We believe that our families can be together FOREVER. As I sat there with my family looking in the mirror, I realized how amazing that really is!

After the ceremony we went to The Paradise Cafe. Yum! I have the greatest family ever! I love this picture of my brother Eric, never fail, he has his eyes closed!
We stayed with my twin brother Gary aka Guncle and his wife Lisa. OK, he is 4.5 years older, but we always try to trick people. He made Cooper this sweet HotWheels track out of scaffolding and a vacuum tube. The car would drop 2 stories and then had a pulley system to pull the car back up. Hours of entertainment!

The reception was so much fun. Cooper especially enjoyed the chocolate fountain. He had chocolate up his nose by the end! My cousin asked me when I was due. I told her not until October. She said, "WOW that's going to be a BIG BABY! Are you having TWINS?" What tact!

We got to visit lots of great friends. I feel blessed to have so many great friends! It was fun for the kids to play with all of their cousins and pals.
One of the highlights of our trip was watching General Conference. 2 times a year we have the opportunity to hear from our Prophet and the leaders of our church. It is always so inspiring. It recharges my batteries. We sat in my brother Robs bedroom and watched conference as a family.
We did so many fun things!
  • Childrens museum with Rich Cousins and Poppa and Sharon
  • Swimming with Poppa, Sharon, Rich Cousins, Katya and her new baby sister
  • Natural History Museum with Guncle and Lisa
  • Games at Rob's
  • Kite flying with Virgina Petersons
  • Hair cut with Erin (my favorite hair dresser :))
  • Easter Egg hunt with the Riches
  • LOTS of YUMMY FOOD: Shivers, Einsteins, Riches Bagels with Springer, The Pub, Stella, Cafe Rio, Training Table, The Lion House, conference waffles at Rob's, and my own lemon merange pie from Lisa!
  • Breakfast Bunch at Kenningtons

I got to hang with my girls at Cafe Rio! It felt so good to laugh with with girl friends.
The bad part about visiting is saying good bye. I did much better this time than last. I only shed a couple of tears. It is so nice to know we have a great place to return to. Thanks to everyone who made our trip so much fun!
Having fun on the plane.
Goodbye mountains!

All tuckered out. Home again, home again jiggety jig!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

looks like you had fun being back "home"...wish we could of seen ya but understand it is hard to see everyone. My mom was so happy to see you and the kids, she couldn't believe how much they had grown. love ya lots

Luke and Marin said...

How fun!! I'm jealous you got to eat at all of my favorite places...;) I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! And I had no idea you were a twin... :)

Luann said...

Sweet Chris,
It was incredible to visit with you and Ruby and Cooper. What a tremendous blessing for us. You are just the best. Lots and lots of love, Luann
I loved all the pictures and comments!

Luann said...

Happy, happy birthday Ruby. It's Jenny's birthday and Tracee's due date too. No baby yet.

Holly said...

What can I say, I was so happy to see my P!! I miss you so much !! You are such a cute preggo! LOVE your liver!