Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to School

Learning how to tackle!

School is starting or has started for everyone in the Rich family. We have had so much fun getting to know all the new first year students. It feels so good to be able to share what we have learned with others. There have been a ton of fun activities going on the last few weeks to get to know all the new families. We are so excited to have them here! We got to tour the newly remodeled football stadium and run around on the field. OK, I didn't run, I am more into waddling lately. Matt will start school on Monday. It has been so much fun to have him home. It is going to be wierd with nobody home for the next 5 weeks or less :). I have been volunteering a lot at the kids school to keep me out of trouble.


I finally have pictures of our 1st day of school from 3 weeks ago. I don't know why they were being so nice to each other that morning, don't worry, we are back to normal again. They are both loving school. The best part of the day was our welcome home from school party at the bus stop.

I was able to go to the Louisville, Kentucky temple. That is our closest temple, over a 2 hour drive. I went down with one of my darling friends from the ward. We had such a great time together. On the way down, we passed an "Adult" bookstore in the middle of nowhere. There was a tiny building right off the property with 2 little grannies passing out free bibles! There was also a sign posted saying they record all liscence plates and report them to your company. I thought it was hilarious. I wish I would have had my camera! On the way home, the car overheated so we had to drive home most of the way with the heater on and the windows open. Holy cow was that one hot and sweaty ride! I could have sworn that my water broke!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, your kids look so much older all of a sudden! And you are absolutely adorable with that pregger belly. What a beautiful family.

We've sure missed you this past summer at our Millcreek Mondays!

xoxo

Laura said...

What cute pictures! And Ruby looks more like a young lady instead of a little girl. They are growing up fast! It's so good to see you on a regular basis again. Please let me know how I can help when Rocky gets here! Or before ... I'm usually around. :)

Jenner said...

i like how ruby is hugging your belly :)

Celeste said...

Kay it's official, you have the cutest family in the world! Fortunately enough we're related to you, mwah ha. Ruby's stance makes her look almost equally matched with her competition there. :?)