




Rocky has been home a week now. What a blessing he has been in our lives already. He is soooo good. I totally forgot how much I love newborns.
It is such a sacred experience hanging out with him. I love to sing I am a child of God to him, he totally knows that right now, he was just there with his Heavenly Father!!!
I feel so much better this time than the other 2 times. I am recovering so much faster. I think it helped that I was able to excercise almost every day of my pregnancy. My veins are so much better now that I am not pregnant. Now I just need to loose 25 more pounds and get rid of this tummy.
My attitude is so much better this time. I know that he is going to grow up and tell me he hates me. I know that nursing can only hurt for so long. I am not wishing for the next phase, I am just trying to cherish every minute because he will grow up. I am not trying to do everything by the book, I am just loving him and doing my best. I know it all works out. The umbilical stump has always grossed me out, but this time it just reminds me of what a miracle this all is.
Ruby is totally in love with him, she is such a great helper. I hope Cooper learns to love him too. Cooper is very jealous at this point and I can't blame him. He has been my baby for 5.5 years. It has been nice having the older kids in school full day so I can have time to recover and enjoy Rocky.
Rocky had to do photo-therapy because he was Jaundice. He was such a trooper. All of his plumbing works like a charm and luckily so does our washing machine.
We have the greatest friends and family. We feel so blessed to have sooooo much support. Thanks to everyone who has helped out!!!
My friend sent me a swaddling blanket that she swears by. I figured it just wouldn't work on Rocky because he would get out of it. Another friend taught me how to use it and he has slept through the night 2 times in a row!!!! Check out www.adenadnanais.com Seriously it is MAGICAL!! I think you can even get them at Target.
7 comments:
I LOVE that first picture of those two guys! What a precious moment. I'm glad you are recovering quickly and feeling good. I bet Cooper and Rocky will be friends before you know it and I'm so glad Ruby is being such a great big sister.
Those pictures are precious, and your post almost---ALMOST makes me want to have another baby! So happy for you!
So happy for you P. He is beautiful. Can't wait to meet him. Hey, when is that? Love you
sweet post Chris! I know - isn't it crazy that it takes you at least 2 kids to figure out that you should cherish this stuff and not wish it away!
He is the most beautiful baby ever. I am glad that you are able to relax, take it in, and enjoy him. There are lots of hard things about newborns but amazing thigns too. I hope I can appreciate them if another one ever comes my way.
He is the most beautiful baby ever. I am glad that you are able to relax, take it in, and enjoy him. There are lots of hard things about newborns but amazing thigns too. I hope I can appreciate them if another one ever comes my way.
Chris he is so beautiful! I love what you said about newborns. It is so much better when you know more, and you know how fast they change. I enjoyed every moment this time around (well pretty much:)).
Post a Comment