Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pappa and Sharon



My dad and his friend Sharon are here visiting for the next few weeks. We love having visitors! We really enjoyed having them here for General Conference Cinnamon Rolls! I love that tradition.

We have been busy! We hiked the Shenipsit tower, visited the Springfield Armory, and Magic Wings (a butterfly exhibit), celebrated Rocky's birthday, and enjoyed some delightful apple cider doughnuts!


Before we moved here, my dad told me we had relatives that lived in Enfield long ago when it was settled (1650-ish). We found the grave of my great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather! That is 7 greats! William Simmons is buried just 10 minutes from my home. I feel like we have a special connection and that it is not by accident that we are here. It was even more meaningful to find it with my dad. I loved Elder Bednar's talk in Conference about family history. It inspired me to learn more about my family history.

1 comment:

Mo-Reen said...

I can't believe Rocky is two! Wow! You guys always are doing fun things and I love reading your blog. That is so neat that you had ancestors living there. What a cool thing to find out. We Hutchings are missing you and hoping to make a trip out to see you sometime!