Wednesday, July 18, 2012
The Sacred Grove, Hill Cumorah Pageant, and Niagra Falls
My dear friend and I took our kids on a quick little road trip. We hopped in her 15 passenger van and drove 5 hours to Palmyra, New York. I am a Mormon, and some pretty significant events in the history of my church occurred there. We visited The Sacred Grove. I loved the feeling I had while we walked through the beautiful grove of trees. It was humbling to think of what took place on this sacred spot. I loved to tell my kids about the things that I KNOW happened in the very area in which we stood. I loved to watch Rocky run around barefoot in Matt's Star Wars Lego t-shirt and know that I would always remember the feelings I felt in the Sacred Grove.
We also stopped by the beautiful Palmyra Temple, the Bindery, and the Hill Cumorah Pageant. We hiked to the top of the hill, which I swear is the only significant increase in elevation that I have seen in New England. That was quite a climb with Rocky on my shoulders. I was reminded several times of other people who walked around on that hill. I loved knowing that I was walking where Moroni and Joesph Smith walked.
The Pageant was spectacular! I don't use that word often, but it was! The special effects were amazing. I loved to see some of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon acted out. I know that book is true, it has brought me so much happiness.
After the pageant, one of my favorite nephews, Ben, let all of us crash at his house. He even made us blueberry pancakes!
We drove 90 more minutes to Niagara Falls. That place is amazing! Ruby had a dream of throwing her loose tooth off the falls, her dream came true. I wonder how many other people have done that. It was crazy that we were looking across the river at Canada! I love living in New England and being able do Niagara Falls at lunch time and be home for a birthday party that evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fun to think you were just a few short hours away from me! I'm glad you were able to go and take the kids. I love the pageant there and there and all the places you've described. What a treat to be able to go!
Love the sacred grove, the pagent, and Niagra falls. Glad you are having so much fun out there!!!
Post a Comment