




















Grandma Retta came to visit us all the way from Salt Lake! Retta is a dear friend of mine that I have know since I was five. Her kids were my age and she was involved with my youth group at church. It was though her son, Chris, that Matt and I hooked up. Retta is one of a kind. She is the perfect combination of love, kindness, patience, crazy, fun, and pure JOY. She is truly a ray of sunshine to anyone she is around. When I grow up, I want to be like her. When my mom passed away, Retta took me under her wing even further than I already had been. When my kids were born she became Grandma Retta. She has always loved my kids as though they were hers. When Ruby was born she told us that she would give us movie tickets if she and her awesome husband "ICK" could tend her. When we lived in Salt Lake, she was so helpful with our family, I can't even begin to express my gratitude. She never forgets a holiday, throws the best parties (she even sends us parties in a box), and checks up on us. She visited us twice in Indiana and now here in Massachusetts. We are so lucky. I know my mom is so thankful to Retta for taking such good care of us. We love her dearly! We had a jam packed 4 days while she was here. 2 movies (movies are the best with Grandma Retta, she has THE best laugh!), celebrated her birthday, went to 6 Flags, Yankee Candle, Springfield Museums, Lighthouse beach, ate lots of yummy food, and laughed until our sides hurt. We love you Grandma Retta! Thanks for all you do for us!! Can't wait until you come back!
No comments:
Post a Comment