Tuesday, December 3, 2013

LEAF me alone!!









New England is the most amazing place in the fall.  People come from all over to "Leaf Peep".  Each year I feel like I am living in a painting with the amazing reds, golds, oranges, and browns.  The colors are truly magical for a few weeks.  Then those celestial leaves start to fall.  They fall until you feel like you may be in HELL with an eternal rake in your hand as torment.  I am not exaggerating with you here folks, the amount of leaves in incomprehensible.  Most people hire a company to come suck their neatly raked piles from the curb.  It is most gratifying to see those leaves disappear.  Then, like a sick joke, you look out the window only to realize that there are more leaves then before and you repeat the process again and again!  Rocky stood in our pile trying to sell the lovely leaves...not one customer!  Our saint of a neighbor let us borrow his industrial strength leaf blower that caused hurricane force winds.  Pretty sure I want one for Mothers Day.  Now the trees are naked and stark looking.  I will enjoy the fact that nothing is falling from them for a bit and then the lovely leaves will trick me again in the spring as the beauty overtakes me.  It is a vicious cycle.

No comments: