Sunday, October 14, 2007

I Spy Quilts

After hundreds of hour of hard work, I finally finished the kids I spy quilts. This was an enrichment activity. I made 35 of the same quilt block, along with 35 other people. We had a quilt block exchange, so each person ended up with 35 different blocks. They took forever to make, but my kids love them. Both quilts are totally different and fit the interests of each kid. My favorite part is a special block on the back side, there is a message embroidered, "I love you, Love Mom". The block is at the top so when I tuck them in each night they can see it and remember who loves them.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe how much work that was. Those quilts are amazing!! There is no way I could've done that. You are so talented!

Lori Ellsworth said...

I love your quilts! I wish I could make something special like that for my kids!

miche said...

Chrispy,
These are beautiful. You have way too much free time on your hands! Or, you are a really excellent multi-tasker. Some day, I will learn how to sew well...
Truck Chick

Jacci Halliday said...

I am very impressed! What a fun idea, I may have to steal it for my ward!