We just had the funnest Peterson family trip to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon. It was me, my dad, his friend Sharon, and my brother Rob and his family. It was a 13 hour drive and then a 9 mile hike into this little Indian reservation. I totally felt like I was in another country. We stayed at a little hotel for 2 days. There was a little store with prices that were out of this world! All the food is flown in by helicopter or packed in by horses. A box of cereal was $9.67!@#
There were 3 different water falls that we hiked to. This has got to be one of the most BEAUTIFUL places on the earth. We swam in one of the falls. The water was an amazing blue green color. The cold water felt great after hiking in the105 degree air.
We had so much fun. I have the most amazing family. I look up to all of them, even my niece and nephews who are younger than me. My sister-in-law is awesome. I hope that when I grow up I can be just like her. We all know how awesome it is to have big brothers. I wish they all could have been there. My dad was a super hero! He hiked the whole thing and he is 75 years old! We laughed a lot! By the end I really missed my little family at home.
We went to a tiny branch on Sunday for church. There were 5 members of the branch and about 60 visitors. It was a sweet experience that I will always remember. The spirit was so strong.
We left early in the morning so it wouldn't be too hot. The hike out was awesome. Great company! Our car overheated in Las Vegas which was over 111 degrees! We were driving around with the heater going full blast and the windows open!
3 comments:
sounds amazing. you should've brought some of your cereal from smith's and set up a little stand!
James did that hike when we lived in Flagstaff. I want to do it someday when I'm not nursing/pregnant!
WOW!!!!! I want to go
Post a Comment