


Today we ran the Hoosiers Outrun Cancer 5K and 1 Mile Family Walk. I got to wear a red race shirt because I am a cancer survivor. I don't think about it very often, but my life is a miracle. There was a little boy there who also had Neuroblastoma. He had several surgeries and numerous rounds of chemo to combat his cancer. Things could have been so much worse for me. I feel so blessed to be alive!! It was hard not to get choked up, that's the last thing you want to do is cry and run.
There were several of my friends from the MBA Partners club and the ward that ran too.
After Matt and I ran the 5k, the four of us did the 1 mile family walk. The kids loved having a race t-shirt and number just like mom and dad. And yes, that is a banana peel on Matt's head!

Between sessions of General Conference, we ran to the Lotus Festival. My little artists really enjoyed themselves.
3 comments:
good job on the running. sounds like you had a BUSY day. dreaming about cinnamon rolls...
Congratulations to you and your family!
Jedda
Congrats on doing the run! I didn't know you were a cancer survivor - wow! You really ARE an amazing woman!
Post a Comment