Tuesday at 12:03pm I turned 35! It cracks me up how birthdays are so fun when you are a kid and somehow the morph when you are a mom. Matt was out of town for the big day so he took me out to Burmese food the Saturday before. YUMM. We had starfruit shakes that were to die for!
I asked my kids how we should celebrate the big day. Ruby suggested jumping on the bed and playing hide and go seek. Of course Cooper's suggestion was fighting with light sabers. I walked Ruby to the bus stop only to find out that there was a 2 hour delay because of freezing rain! Since we had an extra 2 hours we started celebrating big time. You guessed it, I JUMPED ON MY BED, played hide and go seek, and dueled with light sabers!
My darling friend Jedda took me to Mother Bears Pizza, Yum! Then we headed over to my favorite store Good Will for some great finds. The big hit was the Pooping Santa Candy Dispenser!
I decided that I was going to make me a fancy birthday dinner. I got out the red "You are Special" plate and goblets. I made my favorite chicken divan which Ruby has renamed "chicken divine" and had her make me a delicious pistachio bundt cake. In the middle of the prep, my cute friend Leslie brought me a cake! The funniest part was when I had the kids go around the table and tell me their favorite things about ME! Hey, a tradition is a tradition!
Thanks for all the calls, cards, and facebook posts! I feel very loved (even if I have to suggest my kids tell me why they love me)!
7 comments:
I've been absent from the blogging and facebook world, so......Happy Belated Birthday!!! I love that you celebrated in all the ways the kids wanted! You are such a good Mom! Willl we ever see you in this new year?? I hope so!
Got a little overzealous with my l's!!! But I do hope we willllllll see you this year!
Welcome to 35! Happy birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! you are WAY old hahahaha
I think the only reason you can jump on your bed is it's on the floor. If I tried that it would break. So lucky. I want to jump on my bed.
I feel so icky that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday. Life is crazy, but that isn't an excuse. I love you dearly and I am glad you had such a great birthday! I want to come visit you guys asap so let me know when a good time would be :)
love you guys!
Happy Birthday Chris we love you and miss you - I really enjoy your blog to see what you are up to!
Love you,
Merri
Post a Comment