This was our first Christmas just the 4 of us. It was reallly fun to just do our own thing. Ruby made the perfect Mary for our Christmas pagent.
I love watching my kids faces as they open presents! Notice Coop is sportin a new super hero outfit! We opened presents and packed our car for a "quick" 10 hour drive to Alexandria, Virgina. There is nothing quick about that drive! We made it by midnight to spend Christmas night at my brothers house. It was so good to be with family! There is nothing like a hug from my dad for Christmas!
We spent our first day with my dad and nephew in D.C.. My kids loved the metro but did not love the museums. Matt and Cooper invented a new game where Matt made a bridge with his body. Maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty funny.
This picture totally cracks me up! We were eating at the Air and Space museum with Papa and the kids were really grumpy for pictures so I told them to make a crazy face. Little did I know it was just my dad and me in the picture. I love my dads shark smile!
Nick was married in the D.C. temple. It was beautiful. I really miss having temples so close by. 2 of my nephews have been married and a third is engaged. Crazy to think that I will be a GREAT AUNT in the near future!! Aren't great aunts supposed to wear Depends and have whiskers on their chins? 



Our last day, we spent at the Baltimore Aquarium. I LOVE Baltimore! All the cousins had a blast hanging out together. My favorite part was watching my brother get SOAKED in the dolphin show! Sure glad I didn't sit in the "Splash Zone" :)It was great to be with family! The bad thing about getting together is saying goodbye. There is nothing worse than seeing my daddy's eyes fill up with tears!
What a great trip! Thanks Eric and Cathleen for letting us crash at your house! It sure feels good to be back home!
5 comments:
i bet that was hard to say goodbye to your dad. glad you liked baltimore, maybe we will have to check it out on our next trip.
Cute pics chris! I hate saying goodbye too! We'll see you guys soon!
I'm so glad you had a great holiday-and safe drive! I love the pics!
I hate saying good-bye to family too. We just did the same thing today as we sent our holiday visitors on their way. I know how you feel!
Such great pictures! Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! Jenny delivered a beautiful baby girl on Jan. 2. They named her Sarah Elizabeth. ;)
Post a Comment