Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break 09

Daddy was gone to Japan, so we decided to have all sorts of adventures while he was gone. Monday we drove to Nashville, IN. They have some very SWEET candy shops. We also mined for jewels and ate some yummy ice cream.

Tuesday was St. Patricks so we had some yummy green pancakes, milk and eggs. Ruby was wearing her lovily feather boa at breakfast so I asked her to take it off. She somehow flung it across the freshly poured pancakes in the frying pan without me seeing it. I am thankful it didn't start a fire and I have also decided that I prefer pancakes without feathers!
We drove up to Indy with some friends to the Traders Point Creamery. It was such a beautiful day! Some of the buildings were realy cool. The bricks were totally random. The ice cream was very yummy. The best part was the attack rooster!
After the creamery, we went to the Childrens Museum. They had a cool lego exhibit. Next week, a Star Wars exhibit will be there. Guess where we will be going? We went to one of our favorite restarants, The Spaghetti Factory aka The Spaghetti Office for dinner. It sounded so darn yummy until I started eating it. I need to not go out to eat for the next little while. I am afraid I won't like ANYTHING before I am done being pregnant! We came home and did a Leprachaun scavenger hunt (Thanks for the care package Grandma Retta)
Wednesday was another beuatiful day. We went to the library, spent HOURS at the park with lots of fun friends from the ward, shopped at Mal-Wart, and went to dinner with our neighbors.
Yesterday we drove back up to Indy with the Bransons and the Taits to the zoo. I feel so blessed to have such great friends here and so do my kids. We had so much fun!

Today is freezing again! We are just hanging out at home. I just made whole wheat bread which I normally LOVE the smell of. I am currently trying not to gag! I am ready to be myself again!
Matt comes home late tonight. We are so excited to see him.

Next week life goes back to normal and then it is off to UTAH!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun while Matt was gone! He sure missed out ... even if he was in Japan. I hope you two are having fun catching up!

laura said...

when are you going to be in Utah?

Jedda said...

Oooh so fun-Matt missed out. Good luck with finding the good eats. We just checked out Utah to make sure it would be a fun trip for you. You don't have to worry, it was so FUN!

Lisa said...

always fun with the Rich's...
Hope to be able to see you for a min while in Utah.
love ya

Holly said...

You keep so busy! I seriously can't wait for you to come home so I can hug you, see your growing belly, introduce you to my babies, take you on a tour of my new house and have a much needed girls night out!!! Can you schedule that all in?