Sunday, November 15, 2009

Going crazy....want to come?

Rocky is getting so big. I wish I could just freeze him in time, he is absolutely scrumptious! He is now 10 lbs 14 oz! His 0-3 month clothes are getting too small! I feel like he is one of those toys that expands when you put them in water and they grow right before your very eyes!

(Dang it, I had a great picture that needed to be cropped of Rocky loving the shower. Now that I have made him more modest I can't get it back)

Speaking of water...Rocky LOVES taking showers and baths. He is a fish!
There have been 7 Hoosier Babies born in the past 8 weeks (2 of them are missing from the picture)! The "Hoosier Mommas" got together for lunch. Rocky doesn't realize how happy he should be in this picture surrounded by all of these lovely ladies! I love his shirt, it say "IU fan since birth".
Cooper loves to classify and sort things. The teacher in me LOVES it when he does stuff like this.
Lake Lemon (it sure made me want a Lemon Bar)
I love having a twin who is just as crazy as her momma! We went to a Mary Kay party together right before this photo was taken, that is why we look like we are wearing stage makeup. I am so happy to have my gal to do girly things with!
We have had beautiful weather lately (the calm before the storm, I am sure!). Yesterday we went to Lake Lemon and played on the beach. It is funny how my kids could be just as happy on this tiny, goose poop covered beach as they would be in Hawaii!

I became a great aunt yesterday!!! My nephew Ben and his darling wife had a baby boy. It is crazy that I am a mom x 3 and a great aunt all within 6.5 weeks. I told Ruby that Papa is now a great grandpa. She got a sad look on her face and asked who would be her Papa now. I assured her that he will be her Papa forever and that he just keeps getting better.

Crazy story#1
3 years ago we had an old beater Honda Accord that we loved dearly that was STOLEN out of the CHURCH parking lot while we were at the Christmas party. That is crazy in itself but get this; a few days ago my dad's girlfriend, Sharon, same car+same party+same location= stolen car! Hopefully her story will have a happy ending like ours did and they will find the car. I told Ruby the story and she said, "There sure are a lot of Criminals....at CHURCH!"

Crazy story #2
We got a threatening letter from Matt's insurance company this week letting us know that he would loose coverage if his outstanding balance was not paid within the next 30 days. I panicked until I saw the amount of $.04!!!! I have had several very generous friends offer to cover it for me:)

Crazy story #3
Last but not least. Rocky and I were on a walk the other day. I saw something out of the corner of my eye and turned to look. There was a BUCK with large antlers running right at us! Luckily he saw us and changed his course or y'all would be singing Chris Rich got ran over by a reindeer!

10 comments:

amy stansel said...

you really are one of the funniest people I know. You bring a smile to my face!! First, i can't believe rocky takes showers and loves it. Second, I love how lake lemon makes you want a lemon bar and third, I love your crazy stories. why does the car story really make me think this is a crazy story. I mean that is the weirdest thing ever. I think you should plant another car just like yours in the parking lot and put cameras on it and see who is so desperate for that kind of car!!!

Lisa said...

you are still crackin' me up...when did sharon's car get stolen? lately?
Rocky is still a cutie and he is growing fast...I think by the time we see him he will be 5...Jenna was looking at the pics and said I wish Ruby still lived by grandma...miss and love ya

Liz said...

You totally made me laugh out loud a few times!!! I'm glad you didn't get run over!!!

Jacci Halliday said...

I cannot believe how BIG ruby is getting! Crazy! you coming home for Christmas?

Jess said...

You rock girl and you make a lot of people laugh! Thanks for being so dang funny! So glad we are back in touch!

Laura said...

10 lbs, 14 ozs, eh? Sounds familiar ... that's how big Ella was when she came out of the womb! :)

What cute pictures of your family. You five are adorable!

Unknown said...

Loved your crazy stories Chris! They made me smile very widely!!!
Rocky is a cutie :)

Dave and Catherine said...

A buck, huh? Chelsey & I almost ran into one coming back from Nashville yesterday. It sounds like you have some fun adventures on your morning walks! We'll have to start joining you guys!

The Lowe Family said...

Your wish is my command, Chris Rich. Man do we miss good ethnic food here in Texas. Eat loads of it for me. :)
Rocky is the studliest little muffin.
Miss you guys too!

In Good Company said...

you are so cute!