Friday, January 29, 2010

January

We have had a crazy January as far as weather goes. We have had days in the 50's and single digit days. Last night was one of the coldest nights we have had. My darling friend, Beth, was dropping me off from BUNKO at midnight and my sleepy husband wouldn't wake up after ringing the doorbell and calling his phone. Thank heavens for a spare key and a patient friend with gloves! It was FREEZING!!!! School has been canceled 2x's and delayed for 2 hours once. We haven't had a lot of sunshine lately but at least it is not from INVERSION!!!! I love the clean air in Bloomington.
Coop is the Lego King! He could eat, drink and breath Legos. Speaking of breathing small objects, the other day he told me he had a bead up his nose. I looked up his nostril with a flashlight and sure enough, I could see it clear up there. I told him to blow as hard as he could, but that darn bead didn't budge. While I was envisioning what the ER would do to him, I plugged one nostril and told him to blow out the other one. Like a CANNON, that bead shot out of his booger lubricated nose! His teacher asked him if he had an extra bead she could borrow for an art project!
Rocky LOVES his Bumbo chair. He "helps" me do dishes and make dinner in it. It is a good thing we didn't name him SLIM, this boy is MEATY! He was 15 lbs. 6 oz. over a week ago. Rocky is a joy, he is always very happy.

3 comments:

Emily said...

We loved our Bumbo chair! Glad to see Rocky's such a helper. I'm sure he learned how to do dishes from his dad... it looks just as frigid there as it is here. Hope you are all staying warm!

Laura said...

I love that first picture with Ruby and Cooper! And I agree - it has been a weird January with warm and cold temps. It will be interesting to see what the groundhog says on Tuesday! :-)

Mo-Reen said...

We are breathing plenty of inversion air out here in the country. It is nasty! Rocky is adorable! And I love the bead up the nose story!