Saturday, July 10, 2010

Knee High by the 4th of July

So the saying goes in these here parts that corn should be "knee high by the 4th of July" and by George it was! Lots of corn around here! Indiana corn is AMAZING! Bloomington has a fun little parade that we went to.
Nothing says Happy Birthday America like a MONSTER!!! I think I must of missed something!
Uncle Sam had some sweet silk pants!
This was how Rocky enjoyed the parade. Believe me when I say I felt every beep and blast from the fire engines!
We sat with the Goldens, one of our favorite families in B-Town.
This is our traditional flag cake. We had some of our favorite neighbors come join us so I didn't eat all of old glory by myself. We went to a delicious BBQ for dinner (thanks Leslie!!) and watched fireworks. They went all night long!!!
Here we are at one of our favorite spots, Chocolate Moose. Their Grasshopper is the best I have tasted on both sides of the mighty Mississippi!

5 comments:

Laura said...

What fun you guys are having! I love the cake and the parade monster. What craziness! Did they have the giant tractors this year? So cool!

Luke and Marin said...

Oh I LOOOOOOOE grasshopper ice cream from the Chocolate Moose! I miss it! And yes, what is with that monster in the parade???

Luke and Marin said...

I meant to say LOOOOOVE... not LOOOOOE... haha

Mo-Reen said...

Amen on the grasshopper ice cream! It is a little disappointing here in Idaho that the corn is NOT knee high by the fourth of July. The weather that keeps it from being that tall is also disappointing. :)

Dave and Catherine said...

I SO miss summertime in Bloomington! Please enjoy another scoop of grasshopper & another pound or a few of blueberries for me. We miss you guys lots! I've been thinking of you!