

I LOVE traditions. They make life so much more enjoyable. I heard a crazy idea of having a "No Manners Dinner". It has taken me 3 years to get up the courage to have one, it sounded like a disaster. I made my kids favorite meal, Butter Noodles, and plopped it on my freshly cloroxed table with my bare hand and told them to eat up. I LOVED the looks they gave me. Ruby started eating like a dog and then proceeded to stuff her face. I threw green beans at Coop, drank directly from the picture and graced my family with my very best burp (a hidden talent, I have 4 brothers you know). Rubes loved the meal, Coop on the other hand really wanted to use silverware. My only rule was that they had to clean up the mess and that I couldn't say no. Ruby asked if we could do it every Friday night, I think it will be an annual event instead. It was very eye opening. I feel like I am always getting after them at meal times. They are growing up and they DO have great manners, it was very hard for them not to say please and thank you.
Cooper found a sweet Lego set at a garage sale for $1. I just looked at them on the internet and they run over $100! That's my boy!
We have to be out of our town home 2 weeks from yesterday. It breaks my heart to leave this place we have called home for the past 2 years. We are still not exactly sure what our plan is other than we won't be living here. Packing is no fun when you know where you are going. It is really no fun when you don't know what you will need and what your plan is. The good news: I have the greatest little family and it is in God's hands.
4 comments:
Crazy! I have to say, that picture of you drinking out of the pitcher with Rocky on your hip ... can we say white trash? :-) ha ha You know I love you.
As far as the job thing goes, sorry to hear you still don't know anything. I can only imagine what you are going through! Like you said, it is in the Lord's hands. He is aware of you and has something upstream. Just keep swimming!
And we'll talk more this weekend about August. We are still happy to have you! And longer if necessary. Really. I mean it. And so does Mike.
You are seriously the best Mom ever!!! I have so much I can learn from you! I'm always in awe of the things you do with your darling kiddos! Things will work out...you are such good people for them not to! Good luck!!!
I am coming to your house next year for the dinner!!
lots o fun :)
oh this is too funny!! And is that your baby in your arms?!?!?! he's looking as big as my baby!!! What chunks they both are - at least we are getting a good work out right?!?!
Post a Comment