Sunday, April 10, 2011

To think that I saw it on MULBERRY street!

I don't know which cracks me up more 1) Rocky being out for the count or 2) the way his pants are creeping up!



On Saturday mornings everyone piles into our bed to read stories. We read To Think that I Saw It On Mulberry Street by Dr. Suess. Turns out he was born just minutes from our home. We ventured up to Springfield to find his home, Mulberry Street and a sculpture garden with all of our favorite Suess characters. I LOVE Horton because of his character, "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant, an elephants faithful 100%." I am trying to be like him. I also love Max from the Grinch, we had a dog named Max. It was almost magical for me to be on Mulberry Street!

Rocky is getting weaned from his obsession, the BINKI! I forgot how nice is was to pop it in his mouth during sacrament meeting. I felt like I had wrestled a Tasmanian devil by the time the meeting was over. The happy ending to this story...NURSERY!! In my church, kids that are 18 months get to go learn/play/eat with other crazies their age. It must have been awesome for him because he crashed for 3 hours after. So happy to send him there, sad my baby is growing up just like the rest of them did.

4 comments:

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Wow, I can't believe he is old enough for nursery already! I stll think of him as a little baby!

Lisa said...

loves go out to good ol' max!! how can we forget the great camping experience w/ max and the tent!! love that you got to go to Mulberry St :) that is a favorite at our house...love ya

Laura said...

You guys are so awesome! I love that you make adventures wherever you live. Rocky is getting so big! What a cutie. Sure miss you guys!

Jedda said...

That is VERY rad! Wow-nursery already? Fun to "see" you guys!