Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to Cooper, we think you are Sooper!



By the time Ruby's birthday is over, Coop wants his to come so bad his teeth hurt! The day before his birthday, he looked in the empty mailbox and said, "Doesn't anyone know it's my birthday?!?" I felt so bad! To make things worse, his teacher told him he could only bring a healthy birthday treat to share. Who eats healthy on their birthday? He decided to boycott the birthday treat idea.

He has been begging me for breakfast in bed. He requested chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. The blankets were only mildly syrupy. I shouldn't have washed them, it may have helped him sleep in his own bed.

He pooled together all of his birthday money and went on the ultimate shopping spree at the Lego store. He was in heaven when we buried him with his loot! I am wondering if he will ever get sick of Legos? Matt hasn't!

Cooper requested tacos for dinner with a....you guessed it, Lego cake. He was so relieved that his birthday wasn't forgotten. He actually said it was his best birthday ever.

Here are 7 memories of Coop (that I pulled from his journal) that make me chuckle:
  1. You love how Pappa has bushes that grow red balls! Those poor tomatoes.
  2. You are not fond of saying prayers. I have tried several things to help you learn to pray. You have a prayer chart that you can earn prizes when you fill it in. One day you stood by your chart and said 3 prayers so you could complete the 3 empty boxes on your chart. At one point I told you that if you wanted to watch TV you had to pray. So you finally broke down and prayed “Heavenly Father, please bless my mom will let me watch TV!”
  3. We went with Rob’s family and sang at a couple nursing homes on Christmas. During one of the musical numbers you stood in front of our group and plugged your ears!

  4. One morning you told me you didn’t want cock a doodle do cereal (corn flakes).

  5. “That man is cigaretting!”

  6. “Will you roll my sleeves up on my pants?”

  7. Daddy was eating some chocolate and you said, “Know what Jesus would do if he had chocolate? He would share it!”

Where did my little boy in the Spider-man suit that was crawling up his behind go? Stop growing up so fast...would ya!?! I love you buddy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a lot of Legos! My kids would love that...and it would keep them busy for quite awhile putting them all together. So, can anyone just go into the Lego building? Is that where the store is? We need to take a field trip there.

Beth said...

Ok, that was me (Beth). Sorry. I didn't realize Nate was logged in.

Jedda said...

Love the lego theme-and cake! You guys are perfectly situated!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Your little list of things you've written down about Cooper made me cry. I wrote down EVERYTHING with Addison, then I had Liam and I don't write down anything. This inspires me. Thanks Chris!