Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Complete randomness!

Nothing says fun like throwing dirt!

Ruby came to life as Rebecca Lobo at the 3rd grade wax museum. She LOVES school.
Rocky is mad because the love of his life is moving away!

Our first Sunday here, I met my new BFF. She is one of the coolest people I have ever met. We became instant friends. I soon realized that everything would be fine because Alli was here. We have so much in common, I adore her. Well turns out she's MOVING!!! I am so excited for her and her darling family, but sad for me. Luckily, someday we will be family. Rocky has already fallen head over heels in love with Alli's daughter. Save the date, the wedding will be October 2028, when Rocky gets home from his mission.



Matt ran in the RAGNAR relay race. He was on a team of 12 runners that took turns running from New Haven, CT to Boston, MA. 198 miles!! He ended up running 23 miles! Way to go!!!

I decided to run in our town 5K so I didn't feel left out. It was a cool and very humid morning, perfect for a run. I love cool humidity!



I went to a "Shrimp Boil" with the Newcomers Club. The food was delightful. Seafood is pretty darn yummy when you live by the sea!

Ruby has found her BFF (the girl on the right, not the spud). Lucky for all of us, she won't be moving!


We went to our very first Longmeadow Days. There were games, crafts, food and a cannon so loud I almost threw my children to the ground to protect them. I love the look on Cooper's face, he wasn't so into the craft part.



Spring is busting out all over! These flowering bushes are all in my yard and all over western Massachusetts. It is amazing how vivid the colors are here. It has been raining for weeks so everything is really GREEN! It is absolutely beautiful.

I continue to learn new New England vernacular. A drinking fountain is a BUBBLER, a purse is a POCKET BOOK, a shopping basket is a Bassinet, and a garage sale is a TAG SALE. I think I already mentioned that a grocery cart is a CARRIAGE. The liquor store, which I don't have much use for, is the package store.

You know the little device that you can set on the gas nozzle at the gas station so you don't have to hold down the trigger the whole time? They don't have them here. I miss them!

It is illegal to use hand held devices while you are driving and teenagers can't text and drive. Great ideas.

7 comments:

Dave and Catherine said...

I love that Rocky's already using the potty! Abi's interested, but we haven't gotten around to buying her one yet... She's getting it for her birthday.
As for the gas thing, here in NJ, all the pumps are full-service, so we don't have to deal with that! I can't remember the last time I filled up my own tank.

Erin said...

Cute pictures! You sound so happy. What a great place to live.

Congrats on the race. Say hi to everyone for us.

Alli said...

October 2028 it is!!!! I loved this post. You made me feel so special. I'm sad to leave my BFF too :(

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Can I eat your son-he is just so delicious looking! :)

I will have you know, I purchased to note books and have already starting writing to my children, about them and the little things they do that make me laugh.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

TWO notebooks, I really am not that stupid. Thanks for being so awesome Chris-I love you.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

oh yea, does that sound creepy? "I love you." You're one of those women that inspire me. You are just like Natalie.

Beth said...

You're right, they don't have the gas nozzle holders here. So sad.