Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cape Cod


Ruby's BFF's family invited us to join them in Cape Cod last weekend. They have a beautiful home in Eastham. We had so much fun exploring the Cape. We went to 2 different beaches one on the bay side and the other on the ocean side. I LOVED the bay side one, Herringbrook. The tide was low and the beach was almost empty. The water was very shallow and bathwater temperature!!! We found all sorts of treasures: a seagull skull, a momma spider crab with her baby, crabs (one pinched me when I rudely stepped on him), and lots of other cool shells. Our seaweed fight was one of my favorite parts, it was very therapeutic hucking slimy globs at my family. My other favorite part was Rocky falling asleep in my arms as we sat in the waves. Heaven!




The ocean side was freezing, crowded, and had big scary waves. We loved it. Matt was totally in his element. I was terrified and proud of my kids as I watched them learn to boogie board out in the deep ocean. Cooper got pummeled by a few waves as they crashed into shore, but he got right up and tried again.



We drove all the way to the tip or the Cape to Provincetown. That was one crazy little spot. We ate yummy food, saw an awesome pirate ship, and had LOTS of people watching opportunities! Grr...I don't know why that is underlined!!!

No comments: