Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Visitors :)

We were so very blessed to have 2 dear friends come to play from SLC. I have known Jen since junior high school. We have a ton in common and have been through a lot together. Her daughter, Katya, is just a couple months younger than Ruby. We have done play dates with our girls since they were teeny tiny. Jen is one of those dear friends you can just pick up where you left off with. I cherish all the great memories we have made together.

They were only here for a few days, but we sure packed in the fun! Our first adventure was to Misquamicut State Beach in Rhode Island. There were some very aggressive seagulls at the beach. One swooped down from behind me and tried to steal my food right out of my hand. He hit me in the head and scared me to death!!!




I tried Boogie Boarding for the first time. I love this sequence of pictures! Lets just say after I got slammed into the ocean floor, I had CUPS of sand in my swim suit!


Our next adventure was to BOSTON! What a crazy city...I loved it!



This street performer almost gave me a heart attack. She was amazing!!
We loved Boston Common and the Public Garden. I love the story Make Way For Ducklings, this garden is the setting. It was fun to find the duck sculpture and ride on the Swan Boats. We also had some delightful frozen lemonade.

I think my very favorite part of the weekend was the walk Jen and I took at 10pm in the rain...by ourselves. I am so thankful to have such great friends!!! Can't wait until they come to see us again!



No comments: