Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Rocky




Is it possible that my baby is 2? I really don't want to believe it. I would freeze him in time if it were possible. Rocky is magical and is truly my sunshine. It is funny how I used to think having a 2 year old was soooo hard. He is easy! I can pick him up and put him where I want him and he is easily distracted. He constantly gives me loves and thinks I am the bomb! Sometimes I have to stop myself from eating him. I adore this boy!!!

A little note on his cake. I LOVE to make over the top cakes to remind my kids how cool I am. I also want them to look good on my blog to prove to someone, I don't know who, that I am a domestic diva. I spent lots of time trying to figure out the perfect cake for Rocky. Then it hit me, HE DOESN'T"T CARE!!! I realized he would be much more happy playing with me, than being kicked out of the kitchen while I am stressing over HIS cake. I could have lined up cupcakes, or anything else for that matter, and told him it was a train. Rocky would have squealed in delight. I built the cake, but didn't decorate it. Guess what? Success!!! He loved it and he already knows I am cool! Sorry if I let anyone down in the domestic diva department, but you will get over it! :)


I love you Rockstar and am so blessed to be your momma!

This brings me to another issue. Today my kids had school pictures. I am into very simple backgrounds, just a flat color, nothing else. My kids were thrilled to show me the hundreds of backgrounds they could choose for their picture. I quickly let them know that they only had about 4 options and I wasn't budging on this one, so they shouldn't even try. They begged and showed me all the "cool" pillars, beach scenes, geometric designs as I tried not to have a panic attack. Ruby asked me why I cared and told me it was her picture. Guess what? She is right!!! Why do I care? Soo, the next morning I let them pick whatever they wanted to wear AND whatever background their little hearts desired. Ruby did well in my opinion. Cute outfit and a simple pattern for the background. I could handle it. Cooper on the other hand, made me smile. He chose a rainforest background and a green soccer shirt. The best part is that the shirt is backwards because he doesn't want it to show. I am going to guess that it will be one of my favorite pictures ever.

7 comments:

Laura said...

You never cease to amaze me Chris. I LOVE your perspective on life. You are one amazing mom! And you don't need any domestics to be the amazing mom you are.

Jennifer said...

Such a fun blog :)

Jennifer said...

I loved this blog :)

Jennifer said...

hmmm how many comments can jenn leave? Silly me :) I will go now :)

Jess said...

Yep, love the perspective! And happy birthday Rocky!

Luke and Marin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCKY! He's a darling boy!!!

miche said...

Great perspective on both the cake and the school pics. Interesting about the background choices..the school pics in MA were all done outside, so I do miss the natural lighting and real backgrounds. When Grace got her pic back here in ABQ last year, I nearly had retakes done because they did the pictures AFTER lunch, AFTER recess. Her hair was all stringy and mopped and in her face, she had food on her face, and she smiled WAY too big so that her eyebrows were up under her bangs. Then, after 2 days of thinking about it, I realized that this picture looked more like her than if she had her hair freshly brushed, a clean face, and a posed smile. So I kept it. It was hard, at first, to put it on my fireplace, but when she realized I loved her just as she was, and I didn't want another picture... well, now that's my favorite picture.