
Mike, Gary, and Me

Me and Mike

24 years ago today my brother Mike committed suicide. For sure, that was the worst day of my life. Mike had just come home from serving an LDS mission. He was handsome, funny, loving, popular. It seemed that he had a perfect life. If breaks my heart to think just how miserable he was to be able to take his own life. 6 months before/after this time (sorry can't remember) my Mom was diagnosed with Leukemia. I was talking to my girlfriend the other day about this and she asked me how I made it through. My faith!!! I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who understands Mike's situation. He loves him!!! I also know that my family is FOREVER, meaning that we have the opportunity to be together as a family after we die. The other thing is TIME!! Time and the atonement heal our wounds. It is good to know that what ever we have gone through, or are going through, one day won't hurt so bad. I miss Mike and can't wait to see him again. I recently found these pictures of us, they are treasures to me!
6 comments:
Love you Chris--great post!
You are an amazing woman and that comes from holding on to the rod with your faith through the trials you've had. I look up to you! And can I just add that it tooootally looks like Ruby in that second picture?
Thanks for sharing, Chris. You are one strong lady and I admire you a lot! Laura beat me to it, but I still have to say Ruby looks exactly like you as a child. I love it!
Oh Chris, these pictures are beautiful. I've never seen a picture of him before. You seriously inspire everyone you meet! Thanks for being such an example to us, and rock to your family!
mooner p. was thinking of you today for this reason, lots of love! you are an amazing gal...
great seeing these pictures too!
Thank you for this beautiful tribute to a wonderful brother! I can't wait to get to know him better!! You are so wonderful, Chris! I am so grateful for you...
Post a Comment