Tuesday, November 1, 2011
October storm!!!
Saturday it started snowing on all of our beautiful fall leaves that were in the middle of changing colors. It was a small, peaceful, October storm. I had no idea what Mother Nature had in store for us! The power went out around 4pm. It was really fun, for the first part. We carved pumpkins by lantern light and enjoyed our warm house. Everyone snuggled up in our bed, it was heavenly! As the night progressed, things got really scary. Branches started breaking and falling on power lines. Huge trees were falling with bright green blasts of electricity lighting the sky. Every few seconds you would hear a loud crack and a boom as the branches would hit the ground. Our house is surrounded by huge trees, it was terrifying waiting and wondering what our house would endure during the night. Lets just say I prayed a lot!!! We woke up to a war zone. We have TONS of trees in our beautiful little town. Every single yard has damage! We have power lines hanging down on 2 sides of our yard. Sunday church was cancelled. School has been canceled until Wednesday, at least. Our house has no power, heat, or hot water. BRRRR!!! Today we have been hanging our at Lego, they have a generator, hot water, and internet!!! They are telling us at least a week with out power. I can't imagine it being any sooner, its a disaster!!! Things are so bad they cancelled Halloween, lets hope they reschedule! I will post pictures when I can, stay tuned! Enjoy your hot showers, lights and sending your kids off to school each morning :) I can only dream of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow! That is crazy! Im thinking of you and hope it all gets better soon!
What a nightmare. I hope you are all okay and that things get better quick. We will definitely keep you in our prayers!
Oh my goodness! We'll be praying for your family!
Holy smokes Chrispy! I hope things get fixed soon!
mooner p....glad that you are all ok. grandma gus asked if I had read anything from you--she has been worried about you too. we all send our love and prayers to you!
Chris and Matt, We are praying for you and hope it won't be out for as long as they thought. Keep us posted when you are able to write. Know that we love you and will keep you in our prayers. Papa & Grammy Gus
Post a Comment