Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011


Christmas Eve just couldn't get here soon enough this year. We celebrated by delivering Secret Santa gifts. On our drive home we saw Santa driving down the freeway! So cool! We had dinner with some dear friends from church, thanks Dermody's!! We always open one present before we go to bed. This year it was a family gift, a Lego Christmas Village. I love it! It will be part of our Christmas traditions forever. The bad thing was that Cooper wanted to stay up until it was all built. Needless to say, Santa was exhausted by the time he got to our house. We did him a favor this year and left him carrots instead of cookies.

Christmas morning.
Christmas usually gets me choked up. One of my favorite gifts was a CD of my mom reading the story, The Five Chinese Bothers with the book. What a treasure! When my mom found out she had cancer she started recording stories to give her grand kids. I love to hear her voice, it is like the heavenly angels you hear about at Christmas time. Thanks Petersons!

I also loved my "Mom's Book" that my family "gave" me. OK, I had it made and asked them to write in it each special holiday. I am hoping in 30 years to look back on a full book and see all the sweet notes they have written to me. I may be asking for trouble!




Love our Christmas hats, thanks Riches!




The aftermath...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the five chinese brothers book :) but how wonderful to hear your mom's voice. love ya

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.