Last year Matt ran a race that I thought sounded absolutely crazy, I had no interest in it at all. A few months after his race, some of my friends decided they wanted to do it and for some CrAzY reason I told them to count me in.
"Ragnar is the overnight running relay race that makes testing your
limits a team sport. A team is made up of 6-12 individuals; each
individual runs 3 legs. The legs of the race vary in difficulty and
distance, from 3-8 miles, allowing elite and novice runners to run
together. Over 2 days and 1 night, teams run across 200 miles of the
country’s most scenic terrain. Pair that with crazy costumes, inside
jokes, a great finish line party and unforgettable stories. Some call it
a slumber party without sleep, pillows or deodorant. We call it Ragnar."
I started training on December 26, 2011 and gave it all I had. I figure I have ran over 200 miles and completed 20 weeks of weight lifting, kick boxing, interval training, jump roping, etc. I was really scared but I knew I had done my best.
My original team didn't work out so I joined up with another team where I only knew one person. The 12 people were all members of my church from across MA. We became instant friends and shared 2 days of laughing to tears, eating great snacks, and stinking up our Suburban. Our team name: CROUCHING RUNNER HIDDEN VAN
My first leg was 6.8 miles around 4pm on Friday. The second was 5.6 miles at 3am on Saturday. The last leg was 3.2 miles Saturday morning. 15.6 miles! It was super hard, but I did it!!! I ran every step. I have never ran hills before. I ran miles and MILES of hills this weekend! In 3 nights I had about 10 hours of sleep.
It was dang hard, but I am so proud of myself. I can do hard things! I even got my very first medal!








5 comments:
I think you are crazy!! But I'm glad you did it - so fun to run around the coast like that! I'm glad you were able to bond with some fellow sisters and do something hard. Congratulations!
Nicely done! You are incredible!
you go girl!
COngratulations! I was going to do a ragnar back when Bob first started MBA school, but we couldn't afford to fly me out to Vegas- where it was. Oh well, hearing about your adventure makes me want to do it too!! Keep it up!
Way to go, Chris! You are awesome!
Post a Comment