Thursday, October 18, 2012
Hartford Half Marathon...CHECK
Somehow I decided that I needed to run a half marathon before I died. 13.1 miles of running. I don't even like running, but I feel so good and proud of myself when I am done. I was in good shape when I started training, but have never ever ran over 8 miles. I trained with 2 of my dear friends Amy, Alison and added others along the way. Not going to lie, the training was HARD!!! Each week we added a mile to our previous week along with the shorter runs during the week. At the end of training, I felt like I was ready and had done my very best.
At the beginning of the race the temperature was high 20's...brrrrr!!! Once we were going, me and my 13000 friends, it warmed up. The race was beautiful. New England in the fall is AMAZING!!! The trees are on fire with color!!! I love the conversations that I have with myself as I run. I kept telling myself I was ready and there was no excuse not to finish with a big smile on my face. I realized how long I had trained to achieve my goal.Once I was half way through that I better make it count and enjoy what I was doing! Such is life, I often have to remind myself to find joy in the journey. The finish will come so make it good! I ran through the Hartford Memorial Arch at 2 hours and 8 minutes with a big sweaty smile on my face! I DID IT!!! I will get back to you on my next goal. It probably involves chocolate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You rock!!I don't know why on earth you would want to run 13.1 miles, but hey, to each his/her own!!! I still love you:)
Way to go! I just ran a half marathon too! (last weekend) It is so beautiful to run in the cooler fall weather.
Post a Comment