Big lump in my throat today. 15 years ago one of my very best friends died. It is hard to fathom that I haven't hugged my mom for that long. We haven't sat down and had a heart to heart, or gone to lunch, or shared a cinnamon roll, or laughed until we cried in a long time. My mom was amazing. She had more than her share of trials. She knew that God loved her and had a plan for her. Her faithful example taught me that no matter what happened in life all you had to do is follow Jesus and everything would work out. I remember several times going into her room and seeing her on her knees in prayer. She didn't have to tell me what to do, she lived her life in a way that I knew what to do. I don't remember her gossiping or judging others. She just wanted to do the right thing. She always put motherhood first. I knew she loved her job. All 5 of us knew we were her favorite. She took us all on dates. I loved going to the ZCMI center on the UTA bus, going to the Tiffen Room and ordering a grilled cheese sandwich and fries. I could ask her ANY question. She did a great job telling and showing me she loved me, believed in me and was proud of me. If I can be half the mom she was I will feel pretty dang good about life. I am so thankful to know that families are forever! Love you mom!
Here's more about my mom.



No comments:
Post a Comment