Wednesday, January 22, 2014

More surprises and January fun




Saw this awesome idea on Pinterest.  Draw on a ceramic plate with a sharpie, bake it for 350 for a half hour and SHAZAM you have a beautiful plate.  We were so excited with these masterpieces, until it WASHED OFF!  Sharpie never comes off when you want it to, why would it come of when we wanted to preserve the fruits of my budding artists?!?  Drat!



We are big fans of cheap entertainment. 


 The kids yearly ornaments.  These are treasures.  They are so proud of them.  I love the memories they represent.
 The kids love dismantling the candy off our Masonite gingerbread house.  Next time I need to remember to wear safety goggles, you don't want royal icing shrapnel in your eye!
 Mustache memories
 Coop's 8 pack
 Rainbow Loom MANIA at our house!
 The Rich Family in mini-figures.
 This is me pretending that we were in Utah with the Peterson family to celebrate Michael and Lauren's wedding!  Yippee another Peterson!  Boo to missing it.
 Pretty chilly in these parts.
 Cooper sometimes thinks "in the box"
 Matt asked if we could do my family birthday celebration on Sunday, he said he was worried he would have to work late.  Ruby helped me make my favorite mint chocolate cake. 

 I opened all of my beautiful Fiestaware.  I am slightly obsessed with it.
 Rocky made me a birthday crown.
 He also decorated the cake.  I really turned 04 you know.  We had a great night.  I felt super loved.
 On my actual birthday, it started off with a delightful breakfast with my dear friend Gail.  I was blessed to receive an outpouring of Facebook messages, calls, packages and texts from cherished family and friends.  When my kids came home they wanted to quickly get their homework done and cleaned up their stuff without asking.  That was a great gift in and of itself.  Everyone was acting strange but I knew better than to ask questions.  I asked if they needed me to leave for a bit.  When I returned, my street was lined with cars.  I walked into a house packed with friends.  Even though I knew something was up, I was overwhelmed with LOVE!  I was so touched that this many people would celebrate with me.  I felt "encircled by the arms of His love". 

My family rocks.  Planning a party is the last thing Matt would choose to do.  He, my kids, and that awesome Amy Higgins I have told you about, put this together.  Matt even put together a survey for people to fill out.  He publicly shared his feelings with all these people. This meant so much to me.

 I noticed that my favorite paper was missing.  Ruby had used it to hand write  the invitations that my family hand delivered.  To say that I felt loved is a gross understatement. 



No comments: