Thursday, December 17, 2015

Adopted grandparents, Deleware, Philidelphia




One of our very favorite things to do lately is visit our adopted Jewish Grandparents at our local Jewish Assisted Living Center.  We play trivia with these dear folks.  Many of them are mostly deaf so I have learned to really annunciate and speak loudly.  Sometimes I talk so loud my ears ring.  We adore these friends.  Something magical happens when we walk through the doors of this place.  I can be super grumpy when I walk in and leave feeling 100% better.  I have a confession, I have a thing for little old men.  My very favorite is Babe.  He is as deaf as a post, has beautiful sparkly eyes and has a story for everything.  When we discuss historical events he always tells us he was there.  I finally caught on when he told me he was at Plymouth Rock in 1620.  Rocky loves to stuff his face with all of the sugar free treats they have there.  I also love that the room temperature is around 80 degrees and they have a fire going.  They thank us every time, but we are truly the lucky ones.  We adore them and are thankful for their love.  






We joined Matt for his 14th Marathon in Rehoboth Deleware.  This was the cutest little beach town.  So fun to see beach themed Christmas decorations.  We love the beach weather it is hot or freezing.  There is something magical about little boys chasing seaguls and finding treasures that the ocean has spit out.  


 The town had all sorts of great shops and delicious food.
My kids love hotel because they get to consume copious amounts of sugar at breakfast.  I think the syrup scene from elf was based off of my children's love for syrup.  Rocky discovered sugared cereal and became quite fond of Fruit Loops.  He ate 3 bowl and stuffed every pocket he could find with more boxes.  It makes the roof of my mouth hurt just thinking about it.





My favorite part of the hotel stay is jumping on the bed.  I know I am too old for that but I really don't care.  Matt rolls his eyes at me every time, pretty sure he does it on all of his business trips and just doesn't want to fess up.  If you haven't jumped on a hotel bed, I highly recommend it.  


Matt rocked his race.  We are so proud of him.  We were honored to be there to cheer him on.  He has a goal to run one in each state.  14 down 26 to go.  I guess that makes it a marathon of marathons.  




 Our next stop was the City of Brotherly Love.  My favorite spot was the Reading Terminal Market.  It is like a food court on steroids.  Absolutely delicious foods from all over the world.  Philly beef and cheese, gyros, a train wreck (we learned why it had that title when coop barfed in his sleep while sharing a bed with Ruby).

 I loved the moment I was sharing with this lady and loved it even more when I saw her face.

 I had to get a picture of the love statue.  It was much smaller than I had imagined.  A little underwhelming but I got my picture.
 Church was awesome.  The building was the second floor of a tax building in a very scary neighborhood.  Once we were inside it was exactly the same as any church in any part of the world..wonderful.  I cried because the Spirit was so strong and it felt like home.





 Independence Hall

The Liberty Bell.  That was pretty cool to look up inside of it.  I loved this city and can't wait for our next visit.  

No comments: