Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Survival, Girls Trip and Gratitude




Survival Day 2015.  Cooper and his class mates had to build a fire, filter water, build a waterproof shelter, cook food and find 5 wild edibles.  Such a fun day.  He started his fire with a flint and steel.  Papa has instilled a love of PYROmania in my children.  







Ruby and I were super brave and went on a girls trip to Boston.  We had so much fun!  Georgetown Cupcakes, Lindor, MIT, riding the T, Mike's Pastries and olive oil sampling.  We had so much fun navigating the T and going wherever we wanted.  I love this little lady with all my heart.  I didn't realize that daughters turned into best friends.  I realize that I take a billion photos of me and my kids together.  I don't have many pictures of me and my mom together.  The few that I have are prized possessions.  

Due to the fact that we rented skis, bought helmets, signed up for the ski program at school, and bought 5 ski passes there will be no snow in New England this year.  Normally I don't love lots of snow but after spending that much we better get a little snow!




Thanksgiving was wonderful.  So much to be thankful for.  We have really tried to focus on gratitude this year.  Gratitude is magical.  It makes a good situation better and a crappy one bearable.  Gratitude changes your story.  We are commanded to thank the Lord in all things.  Not for all things.  I love that thought that we can be thankful IN any situation.  I love the quote, "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?"  

No comments: