Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference

Wow, what an awesome experience it was to be able to sustain a new prophet! I loved hearing President Monson and totally knowing that he is a prophet of God. I loved his cute story about his wife after her coma.

I also loved the last talk on mothers. In the middle of it, Cooper came in and wanted to read a story. I told him no and realized I was missing the point of the whole talk! So I missed the rest of the talk while we read about a lizard that can squirt blood out of its eyes.

I love being a mom. It is scaring me how quickly my dudes are growing up. I hope I can be half the mom my mom was.

We have a conference tradition of making cinamon rolls. They are so very yummy! My cute non member neighbors keep track of when confrence is coming because of my rolls. Matt asked me if they were missionary rolls.

My house is still very clean and only one person has looked at it. Renting it might not be so bad. I just finished painting the window sills, they look awesome!

And for the record, I AM SO DONE WITH SNOW!!! When will it be spring?

3 comments:

In Good Company said...

I loved your 100 thing about you. You and Matt have the same shoe size, that's crazy. Abigail just spilled your muffins all over my bedroom floor. Sometimes I feel trapped nursing. Glad we are friends.

Jenner said...

maybe if we move to IU together, you can bring some of those cinnamon rolls my way??!! a lizard that can squirt blood out of it's eyes, nasty.

Jessica Brown said...

Chris - so nice meeting you this weekend! You sent your blog address in a hoosier host email and I enjoyed reading about you and your family! Looking forward to you guys moving to town this fall!