I am very impressed with the Bloomington community. I was amazed at how many people came up to us at church. As soon as we made it home I was thinking how wierd it would be to eat dinner just as our little family on Sunday. 2 minutes after thinking that, a cute family called and invited us over for dinner.
The welcome committee came over and brought us an awesome folder with all the info we would need to get around here. One of the girls invited us to go swimming tomorrow and the other invited me to go running with her.
Dinner was awesome (thanks to the Cottams!). Coop was being a turkey and hid in the car during dinner. I followed him out and he said he didn't want to be around all the "little humans". When we got home, there was a welcome packet for the Partners Club (the partners of the MBA students) that someone had brought to our home. Seriously, this is awesome! I am totally loving this experience!
Matt is getting ready for his big day tomorrow. I am so proud of him. This is a huge step we are taking. Way to go Muzz!
7 comments:
CUTE HOUSE!! love it:)
I'm glad that everyone has been so welcoming! I'm so happy for you! Isn't it strange living in a place with no mountains? It's hard to no what direction you're facing!
That house is SO cute! Oooh I'm so excited for you guys because you totally deserve all the best. We miss you and things aren't the same, but we know you're having a blast. loce you guys!!!
Welcome to Bloomington! I'm glad you guys were able to come to dinner last night.
As I mentioned last night, if you like checking blogs, get on Google Reader.
www.google.com/reader
You can just input which blogs you like to check, and even sort them into categories. Then you can just go to one site and be able to see who has updated things and when. Plus you can read most blogs right in your reader.
Let me know if you have any questions!
hey, thanks for having us over to your cute house today. sorry we took over on the grilled cheese sandwiches. thanks for the jump with my car. we are taking it to the dealership in the morning, i am pretty sure the battery is covered under the warranty, so i am crossing my fingers we don't have to pay for it.
Man, between everyone being so kind and outgoing and your gorgeous house, it makes me want to move to Bloomington! It looks like you picked a great place.
Ben has his med school first interview in a few weeks, Rochester, NY. And I figure any school we decide on other than the U or UCLA, we will be around your neck of the woods to visit as we drive through next summer!
Can't wait to hear how school is going for everyone, I start a week from today, ah!
seriously cute house! I'm sure you're loving all the space. Awesome community. I know that feeling of realizing you're the only ones there for dinner on Sunday or a Holiday. It's so nice when friends step in and bail you out of a lonely day.
Post a Comment