
School has become a huge part of our lives. Matt started the "jump start" program on Monday. Orientation starts Monday and goes for 2 weeks, and then the real thing begins. I couldn't resist taking his picture as he left for the bus stop.

Ruby started yesterday. She was such a great sport. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to walk into a room where she didn't know a single soul. She was pretty bummed she didn't know anyone at recess. Last night she prayed that she would make 2 friends today. She ended up making 4. Matt told her that was 200% on her return. The school is amazing. There is a different specialist for PE, Library, Art, Music, etc. When I taught, it was all me. It is really weird having Ruby gone all day. Cooper and I are having a good time bonding just the 2 of us.
Bloomington is BEAUTIFUL. We have 3 ponds within a 5 minute walk from our house. Lots of cool animals: bunnies, frogs, huge cicadas, bright colored birds, and FIREFLIES!!! The parks are amazing and there are tons of them. I am amazed at how friendly people are.
My biggest problem is ONE WAY streets! Seriously, they are all over the place and totally random. The same street will change names several times within one mile. I am pretty proud of myself that I have navigated as much as I have.
9 comments:
Hello friends! I love the first day of school pics. All Matt needs is a paper sack lunch with his name written on it and he will be all set. WE wish you guys the best. Tell Ruby we are praying for her too (and all of you Rich's) to make great friends out there!
I promise you will get used to the road here:) I usually take the by-pass around the north end of town, or Rogers/Winslow/Country Club/Tapp through the South end of town. (yes it does change names that many times)
I'm so happy that you like your house, city, neighborhood and school!! I'm sure it will only take a couple of days for Rubs to know everyone in her class.
Oooh! Fireflies are the best bugs!
Hey it's Laura Walker from Kenwood First ward. I'm so glad you made it to Indiana safely! Your place is darling. While living in Chicago we loved seeing bunnies, frogs and fireflies too! They were everywhere! One way streets are killer! Keep running and visit our blog sometime.
I loved looking at your blog! Your house is SO cute! I can see why you like it so much. I loved all your pictures. I loved hearing about your adventure across the country. So glad people are taking care of you. Just got home yesterday from tending Abi for 5 days. We had a great time but so glad to be home. It was SO hot! It's nice back home. Loni had an awesome date last night, you'll have to check her blog (haha). She's hilarious! We miss you TONS, but so glad you're happy.
Thanks for all of the pictures. It is great to still be able to see Ruby's smile. I'll be joining you all in school shortly. Guncle
So happy everyone got to school. Love that you are blogging more. It makes me sad to see you so far away. It's going to be really real for me next dinner. So sad.. Miss you!
Ruby, Ethan is scared to death to go to "all day school". I am so proud of you! I will tell Ethan that you made it and I am sure he will too. I don't know if I will though. I love you Ruby Doo, and Ethan and I both miss you!
Tell Cooper "Hi" from Keaton and Aiden!
Erin
Post a Comment