
We traveled with hundreds of bikers on their way to Sturgis! Rubes was pretty excited to find her own little tavern called the Ruby House. Isn't that a sweet hog!

We spent Saturday and Sunday in Nauvoo. The spirit in the temple was amazing. I had a very interesting perspective doing the pioneer trail backwards. We also went to Carthage. I am so thankful that the pioneers were willing to stand up for what they believed in.

We stopped in Hannibal, the birthplace of Mark Twain. We went on a riverboat cruise on the mighty Mississippi! Holy crap is it humid!!! When we first got married we planned on a 10 year anniversary cruise. I guess we are going to have to count this.


We arrived in Bloomington on Monday and our trailer didn't arrive until yesterday. The first night we just slept on the carpet. I love our house. It is very roomy. Matt did a great job picking it our. Our neighbors have been very friendly. Our friends, the Searles, helped us unpack the trailer. We will be eternally grateful to them. I had no idea how much a body can sweat! The men had sweat from their shoulders to their waist bands. We have visited the 3 schools that Matt and the kids will be attending. Matt starts Monday and Ruby will start on Wednesday. We are up to our eyeballs in boxes to unpack. It sure is more fun unpacking than packing. The storms here are huge. I was positive we were going to die on the 2 "small" storms we had this week. Thanks to everyone who has called, emailed, or read my blog. It is nice to know that we are not alone. So far I am loving this experience. I will keep you posted!
7 comments:
We are so glad you are finally here! We will have a lot of fun this year!
Chrispy, I'm so glad you made it okay and you stopped so many places on the way. I miss you. Thanks for the phone call last night!! I wanted to tell you our "news" on the phone and not through email. Love your guts!!
I'm so glad you made it! We miss you so much already. We got your postcard and we looove it! I'm glad you guys have a blog, so much easier than trying to make you text!
I'm so glad you are loving the experience. I am such a stick in the mud and cup half empty person! I would just be complaining about the drive, the change in climate, and leaving my home. You inspire me to be a better person. Hopefully I turn out better sometime soon!
YAY!! You made it:) I am happy you are there and safely I might add. Hope that the corn is high and the hoosiers are welcoming!!
Glad you guys made it. We look forward to hearing of all your adventures in Indiana.
I missed you in Navoo by a couple of days. Man I should have traveled across with you. I'm so glad you got their safe. Your new house is so cute. Keep posting girl we want to hear all about your experiences
Post a Comment