Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Cinnamon Rolls


We have a tradition of making cinnamon rolls 2 times a year for General Conference. I got kind of nostalgic thinking of our great SLC neighbors and family that would share rolls with, so we decided to continue the tradition in Bloomington. Several of our friends from the ward came over and we took some to our neighbors. I sent my SLC pals an email with virtual cinnamon rolls.

It is really weird not being able to get Conference on channel 5 at 10 and 2! Luckily it is on the internet, so I watched it on Matt's laptop at 12 and 4. I loved President Monson's talk on finding joy in the journey, NOW! That is totally something I need to work on. I also loved the talk on angels. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by earthly angels. The talk on hope was another one of my favorites.

I called my Dad tonight, and they were having a Peterson dinner. As I heard my family all laughing and having fun together I totally started to cry. It is wierd being on the other end of the phone that gets passed around for everyone to talk to:(.

9 comments:

Tanya Searle said...

Thanks for the cinnamon rolls. They were great!!

Anonymous said...

You've got to post your cinnamon roll recipe. They look like they're to die for!

Laura said...

I'm so sad we missed it! Let's just say that we're still adjusting to life with a newborn. :) Hopefully we'll be invited next April (hint hint)!

Kate said...

Man, if I could only reach into my screen and eat those delicious cinnamon rolls! Looks so divine. What a great tradition.

Totally know those phone calls! Hang in there :)

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Thanks so much for having us over! The cinnamon rolls were delicious! Tom raved about them all the way home. He informed me again that I need to get your eclair recipe and your breadstick recipe(he thought they smelled amazing in the van last night). Thanks again!

Shawnee - Sassy in Sweatpants said...

Chrrriiiss! Logan comes home a month from today and I'm FREAKING THE HECK OUT. Let's just top this all off because I just happened to have started dating another guy. I need you here to help meeeeee

I so can't handle this type of stress

but the cinnamon rolls look delish!

Melissa T. said...

I love being your neighbor!!! I so enjoyed the cinnamon rolls (almost as much as I enjoyed our time chatting). Thank you so much for your generosity and willingness to share both your sweets and your ears!

Holly said...

Chrispy, I actually thought of your cinnamon rolls on conference, even though I have never had them over conference, I know you look forward to making them. I LOVE that tradition. We will miss you tonight at dinner! Love your intestines!!

Jacci Halliday said...

Yay for conference at the kenningtons with the rich's! That picture of the cinnamon rolls makes me want to lick the frosting off my fingerS!