Sunday, October 19, 2008

Indianapolis Zoo


The zoo was totally decked out for Halloween. We even got to go trick or treating at the ZooBoo!

Is your Momma a LLama?




We had the greatest suprise! Grandma Retta came to visit for a few days. Grandma Retta is actually on of my best friends. I have known her since I was 5. She has always been someone I have looked up to. When my Mom died almost 10 years ago, she took me under her wing. She has adopted my kids as her own grandkids. My kids adore her (who doesn't). We did so many fun things. We went to the park, saw Beverly Hills Chiuaua, ate at the Chocolate Moose, went to the zoo in just the first 24 hours.

The Indianapolis Zoo is INCREDIBLE. I have always loved the Hogle Zoo in Utah. Let's just say it's a good thing I went there first. The zoo here is huge. The exhibits are huge and many of them are interactive. We touched sharks, fed giraffes, watched a dolphin show, made eye-contact with a seal, went trick or treating, went on a roller coaster, etc. We barely saw everything and spent the whole day there. I was proud of myself for driving in a brand new big city. Thanks to Grandma Retta, we have a zoo membership if anyone wants to join us.

6 comments:

Jedda said...

So fun! I'm glad you got to go. We loved it too!

Luke and Marin said...

Oh I love visitors! Looks like so much fun!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I loved the Halloween dinner. It is so creative. I'm sure your kids loved it!!!

Holly said...

Oh man Chispy, I'm so glad you have had a visitor from home. I wish it were us girls coming. Maybe we can get there sometime! When I think about Halloween, I think of the Rich home because it's always Halloween there. (j/k) Cute Halloween treats. I love ya more than my luggage!!!

Lisa said...

Looks like you guys had a great time, so fun that Retta came to visit. I am sure Rube's and cooper were happy. We would love to come out and visit your zoo...maybe next year.
love ya lots

Lori Ellsworth said...

You always have the best pictures of all your adventures! I LOVE the creative dinner! Hey, we have a contract on our house...so we are off to Utah Nov. 14!