Thursday, June 11, 2009

Reptiles and Orthopeds

We found this cute little guy in the pond behind our house. Cooper wanted to name him Bob and Ruby and I wanted to name him Turds so here is Bob Turds (sorry dad!)
Cooper fell of a swing at our friends house and hyper-extened most of his fingers. Poor kid, his fingers looked like little Vienna Sausages. Our insurance only covers us in Indiana, soooo we drove back (a 4 hour drive).

Turns out that he broke 3 of the 5. He was so excited to get a cast. That lasted about 2 days. NO: swimming, bike riding, scooter, skateboard, etc for a month! I don't know who this will be harder on.

I am 23 weeks now and look like a baby beluga. Who knew you could get pregnant in your arms! I am blessed to have a face covered in leopard spots (pregnancy mask) and lovely support hose for my road map legs that are starting to look like tree trunks. We have been blessed with terrible rainy weather, thank Heavens because I am not looking forward to an Ohio summer! Rocky better be a dang good kid. Here is to motherhood and the ability to forget how much fun pregnancy is between babies! Cheers!

8 comments:

Laura said...

You look cute! And don't tell yourself otherwise. Good luck surviving with Cooper and his cast. Luckily it's only a month, right? :) It was fun to see you for a few minutes and I hope the cot works out!

Lori Ellsworth said...

I'm laughing-at the animal's name, not the broken fingers. We have had kids with broken bones, and when they don't line the cast with Gore-Tex it's a bummer! Curren had one that he could swim with, shower, it didn't matter, and it wasn't as smelly!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

It was fun to see you the other day! We miss you guys! I always wanted a cast too when I was a kid. But luckily never had one. Good luck...that's too bad about not swimming. You'll have to figure out some plastic bag thing or something:)

Teash said...

Oh Cooper, I think your cast is so cool! You are so brave, just like your dad.

Teash said...

Oh Cooper, I love your cool cast! You are such a brave kid, just like your dad. I miss you tons and tons and tons!

johansen vikings said...

Cooper sure looks proud of his cast!

miche said...

Oh, pregnancy does stink. Sorry 'bout that. Poor Coop! Are you going to survive for a month with a boy in a cast?

Aim the Flame said...

Cooper doesn't even look sad. Is he tough or what! We miss you guys!