Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Road Trip

We hit the road for the first part of our vacation and headed south to KENTUCKY (again). On the way we stopped for gas and came upon this community service project. In the back is an adult store called the LIONS DEN and up front is a little shack with a volunteer passing out bibles to anyone that enters. Someone (usually a cute little granny in pink curlers or this cute little man with summer teeth (some are here, some are there)) is manning the fort 24/7. Way to be proactive! And NO we didn't stop in!
Speaking of teeth, Ruby was the winner of our dirty teeth contest. These were THE yummiest candy cane oreos, you can almost taste them can't you! The things you do to keep your kids entertained on a road trip! We sang hours and hours of songs.

Our first stop: Louisville Slugger Baseball Bat Factory and Museum.
Coop was ticked to find out we were going to a baseball bat museum instead of a vampire bat one. He was ready to turn around the minute he found out. Once he got his own little baseball bat he decided it wasn't so bad. Play ball! Now we just need Cracker Jacks!



Next stop: Mammoth Caves
In the middle of Kentucky is one of the biggest caves in the world. It was MASSIVE! It was nice to go inside and warm up. I almost had a panic attack thinking about how many bats were in there with me. Have you noticed our bat theme?





Last stop: Santa Claus, INDIANA
Cutest little town you ever did see. All the streets are named after reindeer or other Christmas things. We even met THE jolly old elf himself. Rocky tried to tear his beard off to see if it was real; IT WAS.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Another road trip? You guys are travel bugs! Is NC next? I am going to keep bugging you till you come;)

miche said...

Do you guys EVER just stay home? You make me tired. Well, I have to say that Santa Claus town sounds pretty darn cool! Oh, and I have to comment on your previous post pouring sugar into Cooper's mouth... thanks for posting that - now I don't feel like such a bad mom. I have actually been known to give Hattie a cup of straight sugar with a spoon. She can't get enough either!

Abbigail said...

Fun! I have been dying to check out mammoth caves, I will have to go. Looks like a great trip.