Sunday, February 21, 2010

The BLOG book!!!



It's HERE!!! I finally finished my blog book! Some of you asked what a blog book was earlier. There is a company, Blurb.com, that will "slurp" your blog off the internet and plop it into a book publishing program. You can choose to have them do it for you or edit your book the way you want it. I spent 3 months making it the way I wanted. Matt's undergrad degree was Graphic Design, so he gave me lots of great tips. I ended up spending about $60 of my birthday money (yea, I am proud of myself for spending it on me, I am not good at doing that). It was totally worth it. Now I have a hard copy of part of my blog (I have way too much on there to fit into one book). The kids LOVE seeing themselves in a real book and I am pretty dang proud of it myself!

7 comments:

Emily said...

That's so great! Good for you! It looks wonderful. Way to work on family history. ;)

Amber said...

John was just asking me tonight if there was a way to backup my blog since it is basically my journal. What a neat idea to put it in a book. I think I'll be checking out that website.

laura said...

You inspire me! Might have to break down and start a blog since I'm terrible at keeping a journal. You're fabulous!

Jacci Halliday said...

LOVE IT!

Amy said...

you are so good Chris.. i am still editing mine and getting mine ready!! hopefully soon I can finally order it! I love blurb.com.... I on page 230 of 259 so i am almost done!! whoot whoot!! love your blog book!

Holly said...

Next time you come home, I would love to see it in person. I keep telling myself I'm going to do one!!! You're awesome and your family will love to keep looking at it! Love and miss you!!

Jedda said...

I want to see it! Good job! It's a precious keepsake for your family :)