Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ruby's Baptism






Ruby was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on May 15, 2010. It was an amazing day. We were lucky enough to have Papa and Sharon and Grandma and Papa Rich here to celebrate with us. We felt so much love and support from our family and friends. We have the greatest ward!

Ruby and some of her friends sang I Know that my Savior Loves me. I LOVE the words:

1. A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.

Chorus
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

2. Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.
Chorus

I am so proud of Ruby for choosing to be baptized. I am so happy that Ruby has chosen to follow Jesus Christ everyday for the rest of her life. I hope she will always remember how special this day was. Love your Rubes!

3 comments:

katyasmommy said...

That is so cool that you got baptized. I (Katya) am going to be baptized on June 10.

Aim the Flame said...

We are so proud of you, Ruby. You look as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside!

Jedda said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Ruby, your thoughts, the special occasion. Wish we could have been there!