I feel like I am telling my kids NO all the time. Don't touch that, don't bite him, do this, don't do that, etc.... My summer goal is to relax and have fun with my dudes. I am going to say YES as much as possible and not get after them for the things that really don't matter. So when Ruby wanted to draw on my face with a marker, I stopped my mouth from saying no and just let her enjoy. Matt told me I looked like a Maori warrior. Here are just a few of the fun things we have done so far.
Hot dates!
LOTS of LEGOS!!!!
Wrestling matches.
Sprinklers.
Monroe County Library Summer Reading Program. It always amazes me how hard my kids will work for a ten cent toy. LOVE IT!
Forts. We have a tradition of building a fort on the days I wash bedding.
Lots of art projects.We are loving our summer in Bloomington. Matt is working his little heart out looking for a job. I am so proud of him for his perseverance and his optimistic attitude. I am so thankful for the huge sense of peace I am feeling at this time. I know that God lives and it is in His hands. It will all work out.
6 comments:
Looks like you are having fun! I love the wrapping paper tea party hats! They are so adorable. You are such a fun mom. I miss you like crazy! I just bought the favorites cookbook the other day so I will be calling you to give me the "Chris Rich stamp of approval" on each recipe. You know Tom, he loves your cooking!
You are the cutest mom ever!! That tea party looks like so much fun! Miss and love you!
You are such a fabulous mom!! To let your kids draw on your face like that, you are brave! Looks like it washed off rather quickly too. :-) I miss you but I hope you are having fun with your company!
do you really say no that often?!??! I have a hard time believing it. Love the marker on the face. you do look like a warrior! And you are so darling ..... having a tea party for the teachers. Too cute. Love the hats!!
Oh Chris, You are my hero! You are so good with your kids. I just love the face!
At first I thought you had a sun burn and I was wondering how you did that! You are my hero-thanks for the Mama inspiration!
Post a Comment