Wednesday, August 11, 2010

South Dakoty


Corn Palace
Craziness

Wall Drug: Holy Smokes there were a lot of billboards for this crazy place. They did make a mighty fine homemade doughnut there!

Badlands

Sturgis:
With the motorcycle rally being only a week a way, there was a lot going on in Sturgis. We got stuck there in a giant rainstorm. We ate at a biker burger joint. Remember in Pee Wee's Big Adventure when he walked into the bar and the music stopped and everyone starred at him? Well, the same thing happened when the Mormon family with 3 kids walked in.

An older biker (65ish) came up to me as I was holding Rocky and told me that he looked just like Rocky when he was a baby; big blue eyes and big thighs. I didn't really know how to respond so I told him that I hoped Rocky turned out as handsome as he was. His response was, "Honey, I am old enough to be your father!!!" He totally thought I was hitting on him!


As we were driving, we saw a couple on a motorcycle with their dog in a passenger car. The dog had on a windbreaker and "Doggles" as we like to call them. Awesome!

2 comments:

Jess said...

We were at the Corn Palace and South Dakoty too.....just 6 weeks ago! Looks like we took a similar route across the country! Are yall in SLC now? While we were in SLC we checked out our old apt ...it has a huge garage!

Abbigail said...

Wow! That is bringing back memories for me. We drove that same route from Michigan to Utah a few times. We went a different way this time. Gotta love the corn palace and wall drug! So funny.