Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cocoon of comfort


Rocky has this cozy little sleeping bag like sack that I call the cocoon of comfort. I scored it at a yard sale in Ohio for $.25. We have had some very cold days here in SLC. I had Rocky all bundled up in his little sack and he kept poking his hands out, and I would gently tuck them back in to keep him warm. This happened over and over until he was screaming because his hands were frozen. He was ticked and I just kept thinking life doesn't have to be so hard.

This made me think of what my Heavenly Father has provided me with: commandments. He loves us and has provided us with what we need to be happy. It is our choice if we are to enjoy the blessing of the cocoon of comfort He has given us. I am always amazed and humbled how being a parent helps me to learn about my Heavenly Father. I am so blessed to have this amazing little souls in my life. I hope I can teach them how to spiritually have warm hands!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Great thoughts Chris! Enjoy reading your blog! We need to meet up one of these times we are in SLC.