Sunday, March 27, 2011

A series of random events.

Rocky mastered folding his arms this week. It is just about the cutest thing ever. When he wanted church to be over today, he folded his arms as if to say, "let's pray and get this show on the road!"
I have never had a baby who liked binkis. I think we are hosed, this definitely goes beyond like!
This is Rocky's biography. He LOVEs blueberries. FYI they usually look the same coming out as they do going in! Maybe that is TMI instead of FYI.
Just as we get things unpacked and organized, we make another mess! We have been to Ikea 3 times in 10 days! Unfortunately it is over an hour away. If I see one more Swedish meatball, I don't know that I can handle life as we know it!

Matt ran in the Holyoak St. Patrick's race, we ate garbage while he ran. The colorful musician is a Mummer or a merrymaker.

We made smores for the first and last time in our fireplace. Every Sunday evening, Coops white shirt is COVERED in something. This time it happened to be marshmallow covered gramma crackers!
Busted! Eating butter by the knive-fulls.

In other news, we caught 2 mice and haven't seen any since. Our kitchen is a minefield, I don't think they dare to come back. Let's just say seeing Mickey stuck to a glue trap doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling. Ruby thinks we are murderers, we are.

I am learning some new New England lingo. I asked a 14 year old if she liked to tend and she looked at me like I was an alien. She had absolutely no clue what I was talking about. I guess they babysit here. I was at Target and the lady asked me if I need a carriage. I looked at her like she was the alien this time. Why would I need a carriage? Turns out a carriage is a cart!

We are loving this great little community. Once again, I can't say how much we love having our own little space and being together as a family.

7 comments:

Alli said...

That was the cutest update! Rocky is so precious, I'm so glad the mice are gone, and I've actually never heard of "tend" before either. I will say, however, that "carriage" for cart was something new for me too. I'm trying to make it a part of my vocabulary because it sounds so fancy or European or something :)

Erin said...

Looks like a cute home! Hooray for Rocky!

Say Hi to Ruby and Cooper for us. Say Hi to Matt and tell him again how much we loved him as a coach.

Jess said...

I love it! Amazing how when you move across the country how different it is! In the south it was called a buggy ;)

Jedda said...

Ok, I want to roast marshmallows inside too! It snowed here today and would be perfect. You are such a fun mom!

miche said...

also - a rubbish barrel is a garbage can. also, a carriage can be a stroller as well as a grocery cart. oh man, there are so many of those. I'll send some more to you when I think of them. things are much easier when you learn them all!

miche said...

one more - "jimmies" are sprinkles for ice cream

Jenner said...

they call carts "buggies" here!