
You have no idea how excited we are to have our own little place!
This was a crazy winter for snow. There were 10-15 foot pile of snow from the snow plows all over the place. Most parking lots were limited to 1/2 of their capacity because of the enormous piles of snow. I know you Utahans are thinking, yea big deal, like I was until I saw it. I am really glad we missed it!
We stayed in the hotel four days and unloaded our trailer a week ago. It was a DISASTER! Somehow the divider, that held our stuff in, shifted in transit. When the trailer was delivered, they had propped crates and supports to hold the precarious pile. We were waiting for the whole pile to dump when we moved the supports, but because there was so much pressure, we couldn't budge the barrier. Matt climbed over and handed me stuff until we could release the supports. Not nearly as much fun as it sounds.
We LOVE our neighborhood!!! I can't begin to say how much we love our school. My kids have come home happy all 7 days of it! Everyone has been so kind and welcoming.
I found our church about 20 minutes away. It looks like a great ward, people from all over the world. We met a darling family that invited us over for dinner. I have decided that she will be my new BFF :). It turns out there are 3 Mormon families in our town. That is very different from Utah! My kids are the only Mormons in the whole school.
I love that I can go anywhere in the world and find my church, it is the exact same set up, just different people. Three families brought us dinner this week. It is awesome having an instant support group.
We have loved everything about this place and our new adventure except for one small thing. It really is small, and it might not be just one thing....
Our house that we are renting is pretty old. All of them are! I asked our landlord if they had ever had seen mice. She assured me that she hadn't. The day after I cleaned out all the cupboards and organized all of them (I even put my spices in alphabetical order), I noticed little tiny POOPS!! You have no idea how scared, violated, and disgusted I felt. I hope it is just Mickey and that he currently has X's over his sleepy little eyeballs. Aggh!!!
6 comments:
OH NO! That sounds awful! However, I'm so happy you're enjoying your new surroundings. CT is a really fun place!!!
Chris! I still need to call you! I am excited now I will get a full update on your move! Your experiences remind me of our NC experience.....only mormons in the neighborhood and school, 20 min to church, meeting a BFF instantly. Good times and cherished :)
Your house looks so cute and you have such a nice big yard. I am glad you and most of your things made the trip OK. I love those ABF moves! It sounds like life is great for you, except for the rodent situation. Good luck with that. Are you considering a cat?
Same thing happened to me with our house. Looked perfectly clean and lovely when I toured it, then when we moved in after a few weeks of it being empty there were mouse poops everywhere.
We did have mice for a while. Lots of mice traps and terminix later, we are all set. Haven't seen any in ages.
We do have a cat now too. That probably helps. Your home looks lovely. I am so glad that the kids are doing well. Moving is so rough. So is unpacking. Good luck my dear!
Yippee!! Congrats!! on the house-not the mice! But knowing you, you'll show them who's boss! I'm so glad you are together again! Miss you!
I loved seeing the picture of your new home and all the snow. I'm so happy that things are going well and you are settled in and meeting wonderful people. You'll get the mouse (mice) I'm sure. It might just take some time. I love your blog so keep going okay. Lots of Love
Post a Comment