

I have always wanted to be a mom as long as I can remember. Maybe because my own mom was so incredible, man I miss her. I can't believe it was 9 years ago I became a mom! Every time I think back to Ruby's birth, it chokes me up. After going into preterm labor, I ended up getting induced, go figure! Ruby's delivery was the scariest experience I have ever gone through. I ended up having an emergency c-section. Her cord was wrapped so tight around her neck that she was getting strangled with each of my contractions. Once they cut me open, they discovered placental abruption. Either of these problems could have killed Rubes. I have never prayed that hard in all of my life. I was overwhelmed with the love I felt for this person I knew but had never formally met. I will never forget her first cry, she sounded like a mountain lion. My terror was quickly replaced with gratitude and relief when I found out she was absolutely perfect. She was mine!!!!
These last 9 years have been amazing. I had no idea how much joy, sorrow, laughter, frustration, etc.. I would feel as a parent. I am so blessed to be a mother, especially to my 3 little chickens.
I am so thankful for my Rubes. She keeps me toes and makes me want to be a better person. She is my sunshine. Here are 9 memories of her that make me smile:
-
I was dancing in front of the window and said that I better stop or people would think I was crazy. She said, “Mom, people already KNOW you are crazy!”
- She used to call her forehead her twohead.
- Ruby covered herself in mashed potatoes and told me it was sunscreen.
- After she dropped her teddy bear in the toilet she told me he went swimming.
- She won a $100 shopping spree down the candy isle!
-
I was telling someone that little girls get PMS just like their moms, she got very serious and said, “I do NOT have a penis!”
- A stranger asked if she could give her a Popsicle because Ruby was so cute. The lady walked away and Ruby asked, “Do the ugly kids not get a Popsicle?”
She thought that we drank “skin milk”.
“Next time you make zucchini bread don’t put zucchini in it!"
5 comments:
I can't believe how grown up she is! That is so crazy! Happy birthday, Ruby!
#1, 4, and 6 were my favorites. And it's true - people DO know you're crazy! But in that awesome, fun, loving sort of way. Sure miss you guys! I hope Ruby had a spectacular day!
Those memories are so much fun! Happy Birthday Ruby!
Great Post Chris!
Happy Birthday Ruby! We miss you!
Post a Comment